Sunday, March 4, 2018

Gather The Copics - Part 2!

Hey everyone! So sorry that I missed a post last week. I had been pretty sick and didn't get the right time and motivation to craft :( But all is good and healthy again so Im here today with another post on using those copics that we sometimes forget about ;) 


In the past, I've used this method using distress ink pads and I wanted to see if this would work with my copics because I have more copic colours and it would be awesome if I could use the same method using other mediums. 

I've gathered my copics and brought out my favourite texture paste (from Daler-Rowney). 

Firstly, I've started out with red. I just scribbled using a red copic marker on a piece of plastic / transparency sheet. I can saw that it works but not as easy as using distress inks. This is because with copics you have to work fairly quick else, it'll dry and not be able to mix with your texture paste. But it worked for me and I'm pleased with the result. 


Because the texture paste is an opaque white, you should expect that all your chosen colours will come out muted / pastel looking. I would love for it to be more vibrant but I pastel rainbow is alright too :) 

Remember to stick down your stencil so that you can mix other colours without worrying that your stencil might shift. 

I've also overlapped some of the colours just to give it a bit of flow to the change of colours. 


I wanted the word to be in white but i was afraid that it would be lost in the light pastel and white background. I've decided to die-cut this frame and since I wanted it to be smaller, all I did was cut it into half and stick it on top of each other. This way, you'll get a smaller size :) A little tip to stretch the use of your existing dies. 


 Added the word "congrats" using the alphabet sticker and covering it with white enamel accents. To make the card more festive, I've added dots of gold stickles, clear dots from Pretty Pink Posh and mini clear sequins for added shine.




Create A Smile - Magical Frame - Die


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Mail Call : Christine is looking to decorate her office with your beautiful Create A Smile cards creation. Send your cards to Merremstr. 21, 47053 Duisburg, Germany.



Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment: