Sunday, October 2, 2016

Let's Get Inky!

Hi everyone! I just realised that I don't use my ink pads enough. Of course, this exclude my distress inks and black inks. Albeit I don't have so many, I still have enough to make at least a rainbow ;) Over the years, I've collected ink pads bit by bit and only what I needed. I have a pack of those Memento Dew Drop inks because I thought they were really cost efficient and I only needed to use the colours in small portions. I've never seen the need to get an entire collection of ink pads from every brand eventhough I would love that very much!

So today, I'm using all the random brands I have. Memento, VersaColor and Hero Arts. I'm using them with one of the new geometric stamp sets. Perfect stamp get for your to make full use of all those ink pads I know you have ;)




Here you can see the big mess I've made. I took out all the inks I have. It's not that much since I still had space to make the card hehe! 

I wanted to do it in a rainbow order so I stamped triangle by triangle, line by line. I must say it took a while but I did have so much fun! The inks are all in different formulas. Some are chalk inks, dye inks, pigment inks. My favourite are the chalk or pigment ink. I love the smooth and "creamy" look it gives. 
Some inks came out patchy. For this type of inks, I stamped it twice but really, it will dry out smooth. 
After stamping the lines of rainbow, I die-cut the "Danke" (meaning Thanks in german) die and stuck a gold paper behind it. Don'T forget to save those tiny bits so stick them back so that you can make out the word. 


To make the colours stand out, I went over alternate triangles with my Clear Wink of Stella. I normally use my Winsor & Newton Iridescent Medium (which is the best and cost-efficient alternative to Wink of Stella) but I got it as a gift and I wanted to try it out. 





Going Graphic Stamps

Various Inks

Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card. Love the eclectic mixture of ink pads. Thanks for the idea about using the W&N product for shimmery effects. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete