Saturday, July 2, 2016

Christmas in July

Hey stampers, Anni here.
Today I have a Christmas card for you - in the middle of summer!





I may have already told you that I challenge myself to male two Christmas card per month. And for this card I KNEW I had to use the Cool Buddies finally again because I love this set so much!




  • For the background I used the stencil from the winter kit (unfortunately it is no longer available).
  • I stamped, colored with Copics and fussy cut the fox.
  • I chose some stripes of patterned paper, washi tape and cardstock and stacked them up.
  • For the final touch I adhered some sequins onto the card and a little bit of Stickles on them.

  • You can achieve a totally different look from stencils when you move the stencil while you add the ink. For this background I added a first layer of ink blending before I used the stencil. At the end I splashed some water on the card panel.
  • For Christmas cards I love a little bit of Gold and glitter.
  • The stripes of patterned paper are perfect to use up some snippets.



Yesterday started a new challenge on the Create a Smile blog. The current theme is birthday - an easy one. so play along!



      

1 comment: