Friday, December 11, 2015

Spreading a little (Masculine) Merry Wishes!

Hello!
Samantha here, and I'm super happy to be sharing a cute little card that is perfect for the 'guy' you want to send a Christmas card to! It's fun and festive and still a perfect masculine card!



My brother-in-law is single, fun and a great guy! And I wanted to create a card just for him, that showed him how much we love him and can't wait to spend the holidays together! However, I wanted to make it masculine so he would (perhaps) appreciate it more than, glittery snow, pink penguins or sequins! Ha!


To create this card, you need to bring your fun! Ha!

- I used a light Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass) to stamp the snowman image
- I traced around the image with the lightest blue watercolor pencil I have, then used a small paintbrush to pull the color around the image, making sure to keep some shading areas for contrast
- I colored the nose and buttons the same way!


- once it was dry, I stamped the snowflakes in versamark ink and heat embossed them in Liquid Platinum
- I cut trimmed half an inch on the side of the card and mounted it onto my card base with some washi on the side!


I used two of my favorite Christmas themed stamp sets for this card: Cool Buddies (the images are SO CUTE!) and Winter Fun!


I tried my hand at a *loose* interpretation of no line watercoloring...it came ok, but I clearly need more practice! These images from Cool Buddies are the PERFECT ones for me to practice with! But you could just as easily heat emboss the image or stamp with a black archival ink, too!




Today is the first day of the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!! Create a Smile Stamps is one of the Sponsors, and you can read all about it on this post here! I hope you'll play along with one of the many Coffee themed items from the shop!! 

Thanks again for spending part of your day with me!

4 comments:

  1. This is cute! I love how it looks and I get how you did the snowman with the watercolors. I know some guys who would love this card. What a good idea you had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snowmen and this card is super cute! Love the detail with the striped border.

    Have a wonderful weekend/Gunilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet...what an adorable sweet snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an excellent job with the no line watercoloring. The card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete