Monday, April 13, 2015

D.I.Y. patterened paper.....

Hi there it's Anja again on this first day of a new week. And did you place your order already if you haven't you should for the new release is so, so awesome.

For today I have a layout for you and I would like to focuse on patterned paper with stamps.

 
 
I wanted to show you that you can use the create a smile stamps also perfectly for making layouts. For this layout I used the stamps to make my own patterned paper.
First I took some coastal cabana SU cardstock and stamped the wild waters background in pigment white ink. Heat set it and stamped the wild waters background stamp another time slightly offset to create a special effect.
For the second patterned paper I stamped the flower from botanical love, the little flower from big time, the spatters from eggstraordinary egghunt and the little heart from underwater love at random.
to give it some extra interest I used a white gelpen to highlight some areas.
 

 


After I had made the patterned paper I started assembling the layout.
I first used a brush with some black soot distressink and flicked it to make some splashes on the white background.
I followed some lines in the paper created with the wild waters backgroundstamp and cut away the paper with a craftknife thus creating a peek through effect.
Behind the paper I stamped the eyes of monstermassig and big time.
I diecut several glasses out of black cardstock and placed them over the eyes.
Finished the layout with some enamel dots ( a lot), chipboard, washi-tape, thread, white heatembossed sentiment and a tag.


 
Stamps;
 
 
Chipboard;
 
 
Washi-tape;
 
 
 
 
Stamping a tone on tone color on your cardstock slightly offset from your white pigment ink stamping you get a great effect almost as if you used more colors. Try it with different colors and you can also use this technique with stencils.
Create your own patterned paper by using different small stamps and stamp them randomly on your cardstock.
To place those little enamel dots in a straight row use a ruler to guide you.
It doesn't really show in the pictures but I used clear embossed black cardstock for the glasses. You can easily first clear embossed some black cardstock before you diecut those little dies.
 
 


To link up your work at the sidebar we really love to see what you all make using our supplies.

1 comment:

  1. This layout is so beautiful, i like the color and the backround with the stamps from CAS. So many is possible with them.

    ReplyDelete